If you are serious about improving your personal health and boosting your stamina, you will need to cut back on junk foods and change your eating habit. Eating the right foods can give your body more energy and strengthen your immune system naturally.
Here is a list of 12 super foods that can help you boost your stamina and endurance:
1. Whole grains – You should eat oats, brown rice, cereals and breads. They can reduce your cholesterol, enhance your immune system and protect you from cancers. It is recommended that adult men consume 6 to 8 one-ounce servings of whole grains daily.
2. Salmon — Salmon is very good for you, whether canned, smoked, sashimi, frozen or fresh-caught. You need its omega-3 fatty acids because it can help you improve cholesterol and reduce inflammation.
3. Tomatoes – Tomatoes provides your body with potassium, vitamin C, and the plant substance called “lycopene”, which is great for your prostate and heart health.
4. Red wine - Drink red wine instead of beers because it offers you a type of super antioxidant known as “resveratrol”, found in the seeds and skins of grapes. It can help you reduce LDL cholesterol and keeps the inside lining of your arteries that feed the heart more resistant to atherosclerosis, also known as “hardening of the arteries. Drink about 2 five-ounce servings daily.
5. Green tea – Green tea provides your body with a group of antioxidants known as “plyphenols”, that can decrease plauge formation in your arteries and help your body to combat prostate cancers.
6. Soy – Soy is wonderful because not only it can boost your bone and prostate health, it also improves your heart health.
7. Bananas – It recommended that you eat at least one banana per day because it is a great source of quick energy and provides your body with potassium which helps regulates your blood pressure, heart beat, and nerves.
8. Broccoli – This wonderful vegetable is loaded with vitamins, A, B and C and they help your body to fight off cancers and improve your heart health. It is recommended that you eat broccoli as often as possible.
9. Oysters - Learn to love eating oysters if you haven’t already. Oysters can provide your body with an antioxidant mineral known as “zinc” which help you repair cells and improve your performance in bed.
10. Nuts - Nuts help you to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol because it contains a group of plant nutrients known as “phytosterols”. Moreover, it offers your body healthy fats and fibre.
11. Berries - Besides vitamin C, potassium and fibre, berries contains “anthocyanins”, which can help your body to combat cancer, heart disease and diabetes. They are also low in calories. Eat as much berries as you can.
12. Olive oil – Olive oil contains a type of monounsaturated fatty acid known as “oleic acid”, that help boost your heart health. Consuming olive oil helps you to absorb more “lycopene” which can be found in tomatoes, and lycopene help you reduce the risk of prostate cancer and heart disease.